Christmas is fast approaching with the countdown now well and truly on. Not sure where to even begin when it comes to your Christmas shopping? Don’t worry, this luxury shopping guide covers all the essentials from food and drink, to gift ideas and the all important Christmas tree!
If you still need to get your Christmas tree then look no further than Pines and Needles. Choose from Norway Spruce or Nordmann Fir and you can either have the tree delivered to your home by one of the kilt-wearing team (the trees are grown in Scotland) or you can head to one of the 20 stores around the country; the newest openings are in Cockfosters, Wendover Woods, Finchley and Brent Cross. They’ve been kitting out homes in Britain with their trees for more than 20 years now, selling 30,000 trees direct to customers, which includes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Madonna and One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson! Find out more about the Pines and Needles stores at www.pinesandneedles.com/pages/real-christmas-tree-stores-london
Arguably the most important (definitely the most special) meal of the year. So why not make it one to remember with Eversfield Organic. They supply grassfed, organic meat boxes including beef, lamb, pork, chicken and, of course, turkey. These organic birds come in various sizes and you can also choose from bronze or Norfolk black. Favouring a more old school tradition? They supply goose, too. You can even have them boned and rolled, saving you the prep work. Have them home delivered in time for the big day along with all the trimmings; Eversfield Organic also supply fruit, veg and nibbles.
Want to get some beers in for the big day? Then consider Christmas Tide (ABV 4.9%), Salcombe Brewery’s very special limited edition yuletide ale. It’s a well-structured, malt driven beer launched this month and exclusively to be enjoyed throughout the festive season. The crystal, chocolate and wheat malts bring warmth and body to the beer, ideal for a winter’s day. The plethora of hops build on the chocolatey malt base and add a bittersweet finish to this Christmas ale which can be purchased in 500ml bottles, as a case of 8 or, for the ideal gift, a presentation pack of 3.
Thinking about wine or champagne to celebrate? The Louis Jadot Macon Blanc Villages 2018 and Beaujolais Villages ‘Combe aux Jacques’ 2018 half bottle twin pack are highly recommended. Both are vegan and vegetarian with the Mâcon Blanc Villages being an extremely well made and balanced Chardonnay, showing the lovely ripe fruit of the region. Balanced, soft but fresh and slightly creamy, with crisp apple characters, it’s a beautiful sip with vegetarian starters. The Beaujolais Villages ‘Combe aux Jacques’ is the UK’s best-selling Beaujolais Villages, much of which is declassified Régnié to maintain the benchmark quality. Brimming with juicy cherry and raspberry fruit notes, and light tannins, it’s worth trying it lightly chilled. Perfect with paté, charcuterie and lots of crusty French bread.
When it comes to champagne, never overlook Taittinger. The Taittinger Comtes Blanc de Blancs 2007 and Taittinger Brut Reserve NV are both a must. The former is Taittinger’s top prestige cuvée – Comtes de Champagne is the jewel of all their cuvées. Made as a Blanc de Blancs or Rosé it is only produced when the harvest is deemed to be of exceptional quality – worthy of a vintage year – and 2007 was such a year. Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2007 is only the 35th vintage to be produced since the first cuvée in 1952, just one year before Ian Fleming made Taittinger the Champagne of choice for James Bond in the Casino Royale novel. As for Taittinger Brut Réserve, that simply defines the Taittinger house style. Dry, light and graceful with small,fine bubbles. Fresh citrus fruit and subtle, weightier notes of peach and brioche combine to provide elegance in a glass.
Who doesn’t love cheese at Christmas? If you’re thinking of getting some in for the festive break, then treat your guests (and yourself) to Quicke’s. They’ve been established since 1540 and have a number of Great Taste Awards and Gold World Cheese Awards under their belt. There are a number of delectable options to choose from, but the highlights are the vintage clothbound cheddar (sharp and buttery, aged for 24 months on the 500-year-old farm in Devon), the mature clothbound cheddar (aged for 12-15 months and has a rich taste with loads depth), and the oak smoked clothbound cheddar (really nice with a pinot noir or pale ale).
Award-winning, traditional and gluten free – LillyPuds are the masters in their market and the proof is in the pudding, if you’ll excuse the pun. The new alcohol-free Christmas pudding combines all the LillyPuds usual premium ingredients with fruit juice and a zero alcohol beer for flavour, whilst the new ‘Without Nuts’ pudding uses the premium recipe without the ground almonds, so there’s something for everyone! This year has also seen the team release a pudding for vegans, which sees them continue appealing to a broader spectrum of consumers who want to enjoy the traditional pudding during the festive season.
Searching for stocking fillers this Christmas or looking for gifts for chocolate aficionados? Look no further! Devon-based Salcombe Dairy has launched ‘The Bar’ chocolate range. Famous for their award-winning ice cream, sorbets and frozen yoghurts, the company has extended their offering with seven irresistible flavours of bean-to-bar Peruvian chocolate. Organic cacao is sourced from the Peruvian rainforest and brought back to Devon where melange, conching, tempering and finally moulding all occur. During processing only the best local ingredients are added to create the outstanding chocolate, with each dark chocolate bar having a minimum cocoa content of 70 per cent.
Order from them this Christmas and you can get an exclusive 10% discount with the code SJCCQ3VN.
If you’re looking to indulge in some proper Christmas chocolates then do away with the age-old tins and go for Chococo. Proudly made in Dorset, they have a festive collection, a festive vegan collection, gingerbread caramels, tawny port & fig, and fizzy puddings. Each box contains nine chocolates with the festive collection containing a delicious selection of boozy ones, caramels and nutty chocolates. The vegan range is a collection of festive dark chocolates, while the gingerbread caramels are 2016 Gold Academy of Chocolate Award winners and the tawny port and fig chocolates are 2018 Silver Academy of Chocolate Award winners!
Gift ideas for him
- Hardgraft iphone Card Cash Wallet – their slimmest wallet-case to date, carrying your phone with the softest grey microsuede and rich veg tan leather. Hand painted leather edges confirm the attention to detail.
- Creed Aventus Cologne – this Eau de Parfum is inspired by a classic uplifting cologne, revitalising the wearer with alluring fresh vigour. A fruity yet aromatic burst of ginger, mandarin and pink peppercorn is complemented by a sumptuous heart of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver.
- Orlebar Brown Sebastian Merino tailored polo shirt – The Sebastian was their first tailored polo and remains their best-selling style. Smartly styled and shaped with a two-part collar, cuff detail and curved hem it also features a deeper three-button placket to give a more open neckline.
- CuleM Portal GMT Watch, Black Edition – showcases a deep black unique dial featuring a stunning map of the world in 3-dimensions with beautiful reflections. Dual-time functionality shows your local and destination time, forever reminding you of the amazement of travel.
- Le Gramme Ribbon Bracelet – made of 925 sterling silver as part of the permanent collection, it is one of the LE GRAMME essentials. It features a distinctive slick pattern and brushed finish on the outside, the inside has a polished finish. A special engraving indicates the weight of the precious metal of which it is made.
- Angel Infantes Woman Collection – made in Almansa, Spain (a traditional shoe-making area) Angel Infantes are masters in creating quality, stylish and bold footwear and have been setting trends since 1996.
- Away, The Carry-On in Asphalt – sized to fit in the overhead bin of most major airlines, it’s thoughtfully designed to last a lifetime—and guaranteed for it too.
- Silentnight’s Hotel Collection pillows – covered in wonderfully stylish check emboss pattern, which helps add a splash of 5* luxury to the bedroom. The pillows are filled with only the finest of fibres, which result in a soft, comfortable and supportive pillow offering medium support – perfect for back or side sleepers.