If you’re a self confessed Christmas pudding fan, get those elasticated waistbands ready, shun the dieting books and book a train tickets to Cambridge.
This December, The Varsity Hotel & Spa has launched a ridiculously exciting menu comprised entirely of the Christmas Puddings of your dreams.
This tempting collection of festive puds will be available to order at the striking SIX restaurant – the hotel’s panoramic bar and brasserie, housed on the sixth floor and boasting incredible views of the historic University city.
The limited-edition menu will feature five fabulous varieties of the classic Christmas Pudding, with innovative editions, including Sticky Toffee with Dates & Rum and Gin & Lime Cheesecake.
This shamelessly indulgent menu includes the following ingenious culinary creations:
- Sticky Toffee Christmas Pudding – a fruity pud made with dates & rum, drenched a rich toffee sauce
- Espresso Martini Chocolate Brownie – Kahlua infused joy adorned with a rich coffee spiked cream
- Bucks Fizz Prosecco, Burnt Orange Christmas Pudding – a traditional Christmas pud laced with prosecco and finished with candied orange slices
- Clementine and Pomegranate Pudding – clementine & orange filled sponge filled with a pomegranate sauce topped with orange drizzle
- Gin & Lime Cheesecake – a quintessentially British dessert infused with Hendricks gin, lemon curd, decorated with lime slices
Perfect for getting you in the yuletide spirit, SIX will be the jolliest destination in Cambridge this Christmas, playing a traditional mix of classic yuletide songs in an Instagram-worthy festive setting.
Lavishly decked with sprigs of mistletoe, holly and tinsel, this ultra chic restaurant is guaranteed to get even the moodiest scrooges into the seasonal spirit.
This inimitable pud menu can be enjoyed by both guests at the hotel and locals, and is priced at £8.50 per pudding. The menu is available from 12th December until Christmas Day.